Make-A-Wish® creates life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. We work with sick kids, their families and medical teams to grant unforgettable wishes – like making unicorns fly, sending kids to the moon to and even helping Australia's youngest ever cricket captain don the baggy green!
The friendly team at the Launceston Branch are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join Make-A-Wish as a Volunteer Care Coordinator working to support the Launceston volunteers. By sharing your time and skills, you can help Australian children experiencing life-threatening illnesses.
At Make-a-Wish we care about our volunteers and want them to feel supported and valued. As the Volunteer Care Coordinator your main focus will be recruiting and supporting fellow volunteers. You will achieve this by:
- Interviewing, screening and selecting prospective volunteers
- Ensuring new volunteers are taken through the induction process and assigned a buddy
- Looking after the general well-being of volunteers
- Working closely with the Branch President and Melbourne based Volunteer Programmes Team
- Raising awareness in your local community
We know that your time is precious, so we will work with you to make sure you get the most out of your experience with us. You have the opportunity to:·
- Join an inspiring organisation, where you will help children experience the anticipation and long lasting effects of a wish-come-true
- Receive training to get you wish-ready
- Access ‘Community’, our online support network where you can connect with other members of our Wish Force and access handy resources
- Make connections and build lifelong friendships
There are few experiences more powerful than helping make a wish come true. Together, we have helped countless local families through fundraising, events and wish-related activities.
If you’re 18 years of age or over, you’re looking to be inspired and share Make-A-Wish’s values of Integrity, Innovation, Impact, Community and Child Focus - apply today!
Make-A-Wish Australia is proud to be a child-safe organisation. Our recruitment practices are strictly adhered to during the application and interview process and include background screening to ensure that anyone that joins us at Make-A-Wish aligns with our values and commitment to child safety.