Allergy Life supports, enhances and advocates for the lives and lifestyles of those living with Allergies in Australia.
Our initiatives are all set up to be a reliable and on-going resource for those in the community with Allergies. They are set up with no cost for those that need them, and it is our mission to continue supporting the community with these initiatives that they can always rely upon.
We are looking for expressions of interest to fill an Administration Assistant position, to work alongside and support our team in helping to grow our initiatives. Visit our website to learn more.
The role will primarily involve contacting businesses/organisations/people across Australia to join our initiatives. This will be primarily across email, and the successful candidate will be supplied an Allergy Life email to use.
Secondary administration tasks will also be involved based on requirements at the time.
All our initiatives are free to join and free to use, we need more support to grow them and help more Australians living with allergies.
This will be a great position for someone currently studying marketing or business OR someone who recently has graduated with a marketing or business degree, wanting to get some industry experience with a national organisation. Mentoring and guidance by industry professionals will be provided.
The position is remote-based.
Please Note: This is not a paid position.
- You have allergies or you live closely with someone that does
- You are currently or have studied marketing or business
- You have allergy-related life experience (you or someone close to you) with food allergies, environmental allergies, anaphylaxis, etc
- You have good attention to detail, strong written and verbal communication skills
- You are fluent in English and can work autonomously and as part of a team
- You are tech-savvy and have experience sending emails using different formats and styles (Gmail, Outlook, etc)
- You are professional and understand how to communicate and manage queries in a friendly and welcoming manner
- You have a willingness to learn
- You are passionate about allergies and wants to help others with allergies
WHY VOLUNTEER WITH US
You can make a real impact for those living with allergies in Australia, working with some of the most forward working solutions for them by a leading organisation. You will also receive training and support, especially if this is your first role. All volunteers will receive a certificate after a 6 month period, and they will be provided with a referral letter for any other positions they apply for.
Volunteers also have the opportunity to join Allergy Life Australia as a member, and receive all membership benefits now and into the future.
- You must be 18+ to apply for this role.
- If you do not have a Working with Children Check, you can apply for this through us for no cost.
If this sounds like an opportunity you would enjoy we would love to hear from you!