Special Olympics Australia is a not-for-profit organisation that provides regular sports training, competition opportunities and development programs for people with an intellectual disability across Australia.
Special Olympics Australia is currently seeking a qualified cricket coach who can provide assistance and support in the ongoing development of the cricket program for intellectually disabled athletes.
Special Olympics Australia has a proud history of creating opportunities for cricket players to merge passion and ability in regualr sport participation. The role will provide technical skill development across a range of cricket disciplines to support athletes in achieving their goals.
The ideal candidate will have strong relationship management skills and ability to motivate cricket players with intelectual disability.
- Support in the preparation of skill sessions and activities for athletes
- Monitor and provide feedback regarding athlete development
- Encourage athletes to achieve their personal best
- First Aid Certificate
- Working with Children / Working with Vulnerable People Check
- National Police / Criminal History Check
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and to improvise when needed
- Ability to inspire and motivate others to believe in the Special Olympics Mission
- Ability to work within set boundaries
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Understanding of relevant WH&S requirements
- Good time management skills
- Has experience as a competitor and/or coach
- Has awareness of the common and different needs of athletes with an intellectual disability
- Previous coaching experience within a disability setting
- Knowledge of Special Olympics Australia and programs