Founded in 2017 by Melissa McCabe, Corethics is an independent not-for-profit established to create sustainable and thriving communities in the developing world.
We partner with trusted community organizations working on the ground to tackle some of the most complex issues affecting human society and the environment.
Our Bali, Indonesia Program consists of two projects: Water for Bali and Waste 4 Wealth. #waterforbali addresses the devastating depleting water sources on the Island of the Gods. In partnership with IDEP Foundation, we are able to replenish water, provide water stewardship education, and raise public awareness. #waste4wealth tackles an "invisible" threat to human and environmental health - toxic chemical pollution from industry. Through circular wastewater treatment solutions, innovation can transform communities freeing them from the edges of poverty.
About the role
We are looking for a qualified Communications strategist to join our team. As a Communications strategist you must be self-motivated in developing appropriate strategic communication plans for Corethics. This is primarily an independent role tasked with developing and translating concise and quantifiable business goals into marketing communications strategies and actions.
Working at the direction of the CEO, in collaboration with the Board of Directors, Social Media Strategist and the Volunteer Marketing Team, you will have the following responsibilities under your wing:
- Undertake market research to support your strategy
- Create and implement clear messaging plan across the organization in collaboration with Board of Directors
- Monitor performance of communication strategy
- Revision and recommendations of all marketing activities (online and offline)
- Train internal teams to integrate and maintain a cohesive communications strategy
- Quality control; setting highest standards for uniformity in our communications with our audiences
- Delegation of tasks to internal teams where deemed appropriate
- Proven work experience as a Communications Strategist or Manager
- Ability to effectively interact with and work with a wide range of people
- Ability to identify and analyze donor needs and translate them into innovative and effective solutions
- Ability to listen empathetically
- Ability to inspire and motivate colleagues
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Minimum 5 years work experience in communications or marketing role
- Familiarity with social media, website, SEO, and online advertising
- Excellent multitasking skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor degree in Marketing or relevant field
- 5-10 hours per week for a minimum of 6 months
- Gain not for profit experience for your portfolio
- Opportunity to make a real difference to a small not for profit positioned for growth
- Collaborative and empowering organization culture
- Exposure to Board Governance and Executive Leadership