Maggie's Rescue is a registered animal welfare charity based in the Inner West of Sydney. It is a co-operative of compassionate and committed carers and volunteers that rescue and re-home companion animals, undertake education programs in the local community, advocate for legislative amendments that promote the welfare of animals and organise fundraising events to raise money for desexing and veterinary costs for the animals in our care.
We are currently looking for someone experienced in fundraising to join our Board as the Fundraising Board Director.
IDEALLY YOU WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Member of the Fundraising Institute of Australia (MFIA) and/or a Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE)
- Experience across digital, events, philanthropy, grants and partnerships
- Be a strategic and flexible thinker
- Be passionate and proactive about animal welfare
- Understanding of the legal duties and obligations of a Director and Officer of a company pursuant to the Corporations Act 2001
- Understanding of the not for profit sector
- Be committed to assisting the members and staff in fundraising planning and events from time to time
- Understanding of animal welfare and associated legislation
- Be familiar with drafting policies and procedures
- Whilst we are ideally looking for candidates with some/all of these attributes, we would welcome any applications from people keen to be involved in animal welfare who can commit to assisting Maggie’s Rescue strategy
It is expected that the candidate can dedicate 2-3 hours per week working from home in this position in addition to participating in the Board Meetings which occur on a monthly basis via Zoom / Google.
If you feel your experience matches the above description and are interested in finding out more about Maggie's, please apply today!