Who we are
Maternity Choices Australia (MCA) is a volunteer led, not for profit organisation that have been advocating for women who become pregnant, give birth and access maternity care services in Australia for over thirty years. We are dedicated to improving equity of access and the quality of maternity outcomes in Australia.
About the Role
As the project support and administration officer, you will be responsible for undertaking a variety of project tasks to support successful project outcomes. The focus of this role is to support improvements to service delivery through organisation development and quality management activities
We currently require 3 Project Support Officers to assist with 3 different projects.
This role would be suited to both a graduate or an experienced professional.
- Provide a range of administrative services, including coordinating meetings, taking minutes, preparing papers and presentations to support project management delivery.
- Support the monitoring of key project tasks and milestones in accordance with timeframes
- Review and analyse incoming and outgoing project correspondence and documentation
- Preparation and updating of various project documents
- Any candidate must have good administration skills or the ability to acquire rapidly
- Microsoft Office skills or ability to acquire rapidly
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks to support the team
- The ability to work autonomously as well as being a collaborative team player
- A desire to have your work be part of meaningful ongoing change. You really want to do something that matters!
- Wanting to help your community and promote systemic change
- Good Communications skills
Benefits for Volunteers
- We provide references for all our volunteers.
- You will receive a volunteer certificate
- We provide mentorship and training for people who want a job or looking for a job
- We also provide people the skills to be competitive in the workforce
- The work the volunteer has done can be used as a portfolio piece
We can't wait to welcome you into our team!