“In time, not very much time at all, it will be the decisions of the children we teach today that will shape the world” – Dr Simon Longstaff, The Ethics Centre
Volunteers are the backbone of the Primary Ethics organisation. Volunteer CST members dedicate time to ensure the successful delivery of ethics programs in primary schools. These ethics programs teach our school children how to think deeply about issues, discuss respectfully, and develop their own well-reasoned opinions.
We want to ensure all NSW children get access to our wonderful program. We need volunteers from your local area to help us do this.
Primary Ethics is the sole approved provider of ethics classes in over 450 public primary schools in NSW which run as a meaningful alternative in the scripture/non-scripture timeslot each week.
Primary Ethics is looking for enthusiastic CST members in the Sutherland Shire LGA.
As a CST member your experience in coaching and adult learning as well as good interpersonal and organisational skills will come to the fore when you are:
- speaking with ethics teachers on the phone and providing individualised support and advice;
- observing ethics teachers’ lessons and providing individualised feedback; and/or
- participating in (face-to-face or virtual) ethics teacher meetings providing general information and advice.
By becoming a classroom support team member you’ll get the opportunity to:
- Gain knowledge and understanding about what our ethics teachers are teaching and how they are teaching this (from kindergarten to Year 8)
- Build on your adult education/coaching skills including providing quality feedback to teachers
- Develop your interpersonal and organisational skills
- Participate in continual professional development
- Be part of a team that’s committed to working together and helping one another
- Be a part of our Primary Ethics volunteer community - meet new people, support one another and exchange ideas!
A commitment of only 1-2 hours a week is required to volunteer and this time is flexible. You will be working from home as well as within your local area.
Primary Ethics is an inclusive organisation and welcomes applicants of all ages from diverse backgrounds and experience levels, so if you have some spare time and want to give back to your community we’d love to hear from you.
Volunteering with us means you get involved in your community, meet new challenges within a supportive team and have the immense satisfaction of contributing to young children developing skills for life.