The Cancer Support Community Co-Ordinator (CSCC) volunteer position will over-look fundraisers, events, and the application of Government grants. The CSC will also attend training workshops and networking events to help improve the performance of the Cancer Support Angels. Ultimately, this position will help develop the organisation, ensuring there is enough funds to help clients. The Community Coordinators team will consist of 1-2 volunteers in each city council, so this position is opened to anyone living in Melbourne. This is a very interactive role, so it is important for the individual to have an opened approach and great rapport building skills.
• Attend and co-ordinate 4 Bunning BBQ’s per year. • Organise fundraisers / events to generate $1k in goods / services per year. • Assist with obtaining grants each year including volunteer grants, federal Stronger Community grants, Local Gov’t quick response grant and local real estate grants. • Liaise and connect with Local, State and Federal Gov • Interact with community groups and create networks • Attend local gov’t workshops and attend relevant networking events. • Attend team meetings once a month
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• The ability to work autonomously and effectively to build strong relationships
• Exceptional communication and negotiation skills
• Previous experience in coordination / case management
• Excellent attention to details and problem-solving skills • Pro-active attitude / approach • Eligible to work in Australia.
• Corporate governance knowledge.
MANDATORY SECURITY REQUIREMENTS (Required after successful interview)
• Police Clearance • Working with Children Clearance
CSA is a self-funded not for profit, organisation. There is a minimum financial requirement relating to this position to assist the organisation cover uniform costs.
The financial outlay (when item/s are available) is at least one of the following:
CSA T-Shirt $30.00 CSA Hoodie $55.00 CSA Beanie $24.95
YOU WILL NEED TO SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
• A one page cover letter outlining why you believe you would be suitable for this role, using the information in responsibilities and skills & experience sections above. • Your Resume’ outlining your experience. • Two Referees, whom you permit CSA to contact prior to CSA arranging an interview. o Please ensure you update your referees prior to submitting your application.
We value diversity and equal opportunity. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with an illness or disability, carers, LGBTQI+ and people from minority groups to apply for this position. You must be eligible to work in Australia.
The team at CSA thank you for your interest in our organisation and wish you every success with your application.