Eastern Volunteers Community Transport program provides support to vulnerable and isolated members of the community in a number of ways. Our core service involves helping individuals remain engaged with the community, Live better and remain in their homes for longer. We also partner with a number of not for profit organisations to deliver services to vulnerable members of the community when required.
As more COVID restrictions ease we are seeing a massive increase in demand for our great service as clients look to avoid taxis, Ubers and public transport. As such we are looking at expanding our driver pool to meet this demand! All operations are conducted in a COVID-safe way to ensure safety for drivers and clients alike!
We require volunteer drivers to assist us with a number of roles that we provide to the community. A vehicle will be supplied for you to use on the day of driving. Volunteer drivers in this role will be responsible for providing a number of services including, but not limited to:
- The delivery of pre-packaged food boxes to isolated and/or vulnerable members of the community
- Transporting Clients to and from a variety of medical, social and personal appointments
- The delivery of essential supplies to clients
- The delivery of information packs to new transport clients
- The completion of ‘driveway assessments’ to ensure we can deliver a safe and effective service
- The delivery of clients weekly shopping order
Ongoing training and support are provided, as well as other volunteer opportunities for those who may be interested!
- Clear communication skills
- Drivers License with a clean (good) record
- Available for 4 Hours per week (we are flexible with hours however!)
- Happy to attend training sessions as required.
Centrelink Volunteers Welcome!
If you want to support the community at the grass roots then apply to join our fantastic team of volunteer drivers today!