Maggie's Rescue is a registered animal welfare charity based in the Inner West of Sydney. It is a co-operative of compassionate and committed carers and volunteers that rescue and re-home companion animals, undertake education programs in the local community, advocate for legislative amendments that promote the welfare of animals and organise fundraising events to raise money for desexing and veterinary costs for the animals in our care.
We are currently looking for a Finance Volunteer to sit on the Finance Committee and work closely with the Treasurer and Operations Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- preparing monthly and year-end P&L and balance sheet (using Xero)
- payroll and superannuation
- preparing and submitting BAS
- bank reconciliations
- other ad-hoc finance tasks
IDEALLY YOU WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- at least 4 years' accounting experience
- experience using Xero accounting software (this is essential)
- a passion for animal welfare
- the capacity to dedicate approximately 1-2 hours per week (working from home)
The candidate will also be expected to attend monthly Finance team meetings with the Treasurer and Operations Manager and quarterly Finance Committee meetings.
We are looking for someone who is willing to commit for a minimum period of 6 months.
If you feel your experience matches the above description and are interested in finding out more about Maggie's, please apply today!