ORGANISATION OVERVIEW: The Global EverGreening Alliance is an international NGO that brings together leading research, technical, environmental and development organisations to build on our shared vision of restoring degraded lands while also adapting to and mitigating the impacts of climate change. Today, the Global EverGreening Alliance has 50+ member organisations actively working on every continent. Together with its members, the Global EverGreening Alliance is developing global solutions to global problems.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Global EverGreening Alliance is seeking a Volunteer Media & Communications Officer to assist in all aspects of internal and external communications – but with a significant emphasis on graphic design, social media strategies and content development.
HOURS & FREQUENCY OF VOLUNTEERING: Applicants should be able to volunteer for upto 15 hours per week (negotiable). Core office hours are from 9:30am to 2:30pm, Monday to Thursday and there is some flexibility regarding which days and times the successful applicant chooses to volunteer. All work is remote during the lockdown from which we will move into a hybrid remote/working from the office arrangement.
- Write clear, compelling copy for various mediums, upholding the organisation’s tone of voice
- Plan and create a variety of content within a dynamic team environment
- Identify content ideas across all platforms
- Review news, media releases and relevant websites to source content and identify upcoming events and opportunities
- Review websites and social media and engage with communications and technical focal points of members and partner organisations to source material and content
- Facilitate, take notes and prepare reports regarding meetings and teleconferences
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the communications strategy, policies, procedures, registers and records
- Draft communication documents, articles, newsletters, and content for the organisation’s website, including blogs, reviews and project reports
RELEVANT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, including the ability to engage with colleagues both internally and externally, and with people from diverse backgrounds
- Well-developed time management skills and an ability to prioritise tasks, and meet deadlines
- Sound problem solving skills and an ability to work independently, as well as an effective team member to achieve shared goals
- Skilled in using Premier Pro, Photoshop, and other Adobe Creative Suite applications.
- Demonstrate ability to create content of an extremely high quality, an understanding of targeted campaign posting, familiarity with video editing software
- Training and/or experience in marketing, communications, media and/or journalism, while not essential, would be an advantage
- Training and/or experience in environmental conservation, rural development, agriculture, climate change or similar, while not essential, would be an advantage
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- the opportunity to interact with stakeholders around the world
- constant learning opportunities in media and communications and in the land restoration/agroforestry/carbon sequestration/nature-based solutions space
- an exciting, fast-paced environment with a supportive team
- a hybrid office/working remotely model
The Global EverGreening Alliance has zero tolerance to child abuse, and to discrimination, harassment and workplace bullying. All staff, including volunteers, are required to sign an acknowledgement and adhere strictly to the organisation’s Code of Conduct, Child Protection Policy and other policies. In addition, the successful applicant will need to agree to an Australian Police Record Check and either provide or agree to apply for a Working with Children card.