Cancer kills almost 10 million men, women and children worldwide every single year and impacts countless more. The only way we can change that is through research.
For the past 54 years, Cure Cancer has been dedicated to funding cutting edge research across all cancer types, giving talented young scientists the opportunity to make an impact with their innovative and ground-breaking ideas.
We are the only Australian organisation dedicated exclusively to funding emerging researchers, creating a pipeline of future research success. Our seed funding has kick-started over 534 cancer researcher careers and led to numerous global breakthroughs in cancers including brain cancer, breast cancer, immunotherapy, pancreatic cancer and childhood leukaemia. Without our funding, these discoveries may never have been made.
By investing in research today, you are safeguarding the generations of tomorrow.
This volunteer role is ideal for someone looking to make an everyday impact on the future of cancer research by supporting our Event Coordinator with the gift-wrapping service on Wednesday 15th and Thursday 16th December at Westfield Kotara. The ideal candidate will have a positive, can-do attitude with fellow volunteers, the staff and customers of Westfield Kotara. This position will include hosting our customers by welcoming them into the space, managing donations and plenty of gift-wrapping! You will be representing Cure Cancer and at times, be required to engage with customers and share information about the organisation. You can apply for one or all sessions.
- Support with gift-wrapping logistics end to end and on the day support
- Assist with managing the donations on the day. Processing payments, handling and depositing cash
- Our volunteers would be comfortable to engage in conversations with customers and provide information about Cure Cancer
- Ad hoc tasks as required
Cure Cancer volunteers will be provided with a Cure Cancer t-shirt to wear on the day and we recommend wearing comfortable shoes as you will be on your feet throughout the day.
For information on this role, contact the Effie Kent on 0436 410 333 or [email protected]
Skills & Experience:
- Interest in fundraising or in related field
- Warm and friendly personality with strong communication skills
- Confident gift-wrapper
- Comfortable in a large group setting and confident in asking for support
- Comfortable taking direction from center management to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Feels comfortable using payment portals including tap machines
- Confident to handle payments and depositing cash money into bank account
- Good team worker