Volunteer Delivery Drivers assist us by picking up in bulk the prepared meals from our kitchens and delivering it to the receiving location. **The delivery is non contact and drivers are not meant to go inside the Agencies.** Personal Protective Equipment is also provided to the drivers for their delivery to ensure the utmost safety for our volunteers.
Deliveries Pick up time /Drop off time vary depending on the needs of our clients
Being a Delivery Driver with Alex Makes Meals is an amazing opportunity to make a huge difference in a little amount of time. If you want to help during this pandemic but have commitments such as study, work, family etc completing even 1 delivery a week, which takes max 1-2 hours, makes an immediate and real impact which you can see from the appreciation from the health care workers who pick up the meals (from a distance of course). Due to the improved handling of the current situation, Alex Makes Meals has expanded partnerships with different charities and organisations in helping more and more groups of people.
To be successful in this amazing opportunity:
- Ability to follow directions and work well with the team
- Deliver prepared meals in bulk to different locations
- Able to navigate through Melbourne CBD and surrounding suburbs
- Must be efficient in sticking to the delivery schedule and must always be punctual
- Must be competent in loading, unloading, inspecting, and operating a vehicle
- Follow VIC Road Regulations and Safety Standards
- Take extra care in exercising the best practice of Food Handling and Safety
- Licence and Insured Car (third party/comprehensive)