Buddy Up Australia enriches the lives of Veterans and Emergency Services personnel by connecting them to their communities through physical fitness, social activities and purposeful volunteering. Our Brisbane Chapter needs a new Chapter Leader to manage the team of Event Leaders who deliver events for our members. The following are the main responsibilities:
- Managing a team of Event Leaders who plan/run a diverse range of events for the members.
- Managing the Chapter’s budget for planning event expenses.
- Network to grow the Chapter and it’s range of events.
- 3-5 hours per week.
The following are the criteria we are looking for:
- Leadership and networking abilities to motivate others to volunteer as Event Leaders.
- Ability to use social media to plan events.
- Ability to identify event opportunities and expand the range of events for our members.
- Ex-military or emergency service experience is not necessary, but a passion for helping our people is critical. Previous experience with mental health management is also helpful but not necessary.
The role is fully developed, a detailed handover and training will be provided. We will fly Chapter Leaders from around Australia to Perth in 2022 for Chapter Leader training. Additionally, this is a great opportunity to develop close, personal connections and networks, and feel the full rewards of being a leader within your community. If you’re interested, please call Jon on 0407 614 657 or email to [email protected] Many thanks.