Would you like to enhance the quality of life of a resident?
This could mean:
- Providing companionship to residents who may not have family/friends nearby.
- This may include playing a game of chess, doing crosswords or just having a cup of tea and a chat
- Supporting a gardening group or Men's Shed
- Assisting with art and craft groups, bus trips and other leisure activities or
- Entertaining residents with a special talent you have (e.g. music, acting, dancing etc.)
Southern Cross Care embraces new and creative ways of supporting the quality of life of our residents, so, if you have an specific idea or activity that you think residents would benefit from, we encourage you to get in touch and discuss a volunteering opportunity!
Any sort of commitment and support from our volunteers is appreciated and Southern Cross Care works with each one to arrange the most suitable days and times.
Any time you give is valuable, be it 3 days a week or a few hours per month!