The COTA (Council on the Ageing) ACT Board is made up of community members who have an interest in ensuring older Canberrans have access to a range of programs and services that enable them to live their lives to the fullest. We believe that having a board that reflects the diversity of the community leads to better decision making. This is why we encourage applicants from all ages and from traditionally marginalised communities including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from CaLD backgrounds, members of the LGBTIQA+ community and people with disabilities. Board members of COTA ACT are expected to:
- Have a strong commitment to the mission and values of COTA ACT
- Make decisions that are in the best interest of the organisation
- Ensure the organisation obeys applicable laws and regulations, follow’s its own constitution and adheres to stated purpose/mission.
- Contribute to the organisation’s culture, strategic focus, effectiveness and financial stability
- Be an ambassador and advocate for COTA ACT Applicants with a background in finance, legal, leadership and in the community will be highly regarded. Commitment is approximately two hours every second month during business hours.