Applications are NOW OPEN for 2022 PIGPEN Learning & Development Program
This 6-month (4-8hrs per week) learning and development program helps students of all ages to improve their self-awareness, emotional intelligence, communication, critical thinking as well as give them practical, life-long skills that will benefit their careers.
Learning modules will be delivered remotely plus you'll be matched with an experienced mentor to help guide you through the content.
- Do you have at least one se/trimester remaining at uni?
- Do you want to give yourself every chance of landing a graduate job?
- Maybe you’re looking to change careers or take your skills to another level?
You've come to the right place!
How does it work?
- The program will run from Feb 2022 to July 2022
- Students will be required to commit 4-8 hours per week for 6 months
- It’s 100% online and free for all students, but you’ll need a dedicated laptop, mobile and internet
- You must have at least one se/trimester remaining of your course
- Modules have been designed to include practical exercises that challenge your perspectives
- Your learning will be supported by a mentor, a student buddy system and regular workshop groups
The Program is made up of 6 Learning Modules delivered via a combination of self-paced online learning, practical exercises, group workshops and fortnightly 1o1s with your mentor:
- Purpose & Growth: Create your Purpose to build strong self-awareness to enable you thrive in your desired career
- Future of Work: Develop a working understanding of the Future of Work, how it applies to you and industries
- Health & Wellbeing: Establish a balanced work life rhythm. Using your Purpose and Career Aspirations as a compass, we explore both your physical and mental wellbeing. We introduce the concept of self-awareness and mindfulness, and use this to guide you to create a personalised, highly effective plan to achieve a healthy work-life balance
- Emotional Intelligence: Create a thorough insight to Emotional Intelligence, what it means to you on a practical level
- Financial Freedom: Develop a strong understanding of what Financial Freedom means to you, and what how to get there
- Getting Practical Experience: Bring your insight & learning together to identify the practical experience and development you need to achieve your career aspirations
Australia has experienced its first recession in three decades and the youth underutilisation rate is estimated to have to reached more than 60% (May 2020), levels not seen since the Great Depression.
The good news, however, is that the future of work is here to stay and you’re actually far more prepared than you probably realise.
- 50% of all employees will need re-skilling by 2025, as the adoption of technology increases
- 90% of future jobs will require digital literacy
- Critical thinking and problem-solving top the list of skills employers believe will grow in prominence in the next five years
- Newly emerging this year are skills in self-management such as active learning, resilience, stress tolerance and flexibility, with a third of the workforce predicted to be engaged in flexible work
However, with any new opportunity comes a new level of competition, so the PIGPEN was designed to help give you that edge!
We're looking for students who are:
- Willing and able to commit to 4-8 hours per week for 6 months, while balancing their existing study/workloads
- Self-motivated and want to build on their personal brand
- Want to gain high levels of self awareness around strengths, needs & aspirations
- Keen to develop a deep understanding about of the future of work and practical skills
- Excited to learn about the importance of emotional intelligence; how to improve personal EI and reduce stress and build resilience
- Curious on how to develop a tailor made career journey
- Happy to work with a mentor for support and practical advice
As a purpose-driven organisation, we pride ourselves on creating an agile, safe learning environment where we can share our vulnerability and failures while empowering each other to grow.
Places are limited so APPLY NOW!