Are you passionate about making difference? We are looking for a Disability Support Workers to join our exciting team.
We provide a wide range of services spanning accommodation, behavioural support, and assistive products to a variety of participants. We are fresh and innovated in meeting our participants goals and are looking for like minded people to join our passionate supportive team.
The Role - Disability Support Worker:
- Provide direct support to people with a disability including personal care and manual handling
- Maintain and monitor a client’s person-centred support plan
- Commit to regular and consistent shift schedules as well as irregular hours, including early mornings/ evenings, overnight, weekends and public holidays.
- Support individuals with intellectual, mental health and/or physical disabilities.
- Must be creative and resourceful to assist customers achieve their goals and build capacity.
- Passionate, empathetic & committed to provide the best care to each individual that encourages self determination
- Delivering high quality person centred support for an ordinary life
- Daily living assistance in the home and the community
- Support physical health and emotional well-being
- Assisting individuals to and from community-based activities and appointments.
- Complete all relevant documentation and reporting as required
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- First Aid Certificate
- Will need to obtain an NDIS worker Screening Check
- Evidence of work rights (e.g. Passport, Birth Certificate or VISA)
- Driver’s Licence
- Current police clearance
- Experience as a Support Worker
- Demonstrated experience supporting high needs clients (highly desirable)
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job that may include manual handling tasks
- Auslan skills are desirable, though not necessary
Why volunteer with us?
If you relish working in an evolving environment, have a desire to work collaboratively amongst a wealth of talent and gain some great experience personally and professionally our organisation is a great place to be.
We will provide you with a great work environment and support by providing you with advanced systems to work on and great mentorship, which will give you an opportunity to gain experience and improve your skill sets.
You will get the opportunity to meet volunteers with similar interests, which will provide you with an opportunity to network and learn from other professionals.
Most importantly, if you volunteer with us for four months and beyond, we will provide you with Volunteering Certificate and references on your LinkedIn Profile