Key Areas of Accountability:-
- Organise the venue for Board and Committee meetings.
- With the President/CEO, prepare the agenda in advance of each Board meeting.
- Organise meeting papers for distribution before the meeting.
- Take minutes at each Board meeting and circulate to all members.
- Take minutes at each General Meeting and circulate to all members of the organisation.
Administrative and Management Duties
- Serve on the Executive Advisory Committee between Board meetings
- Follow the appropriate communication channels and follow all policies and procedures designated throughout the full organisation, if unsure of any procedure contact the EMD/President.
- Serve on Board committees as required
- Maintain a register of members
- Handle the procedures for the admission of new members
- Handle the procedures for the resignation of members(with the Chair)
- Handle the procedures for the discipline, suspension, and expulsion of members.
- Organise General Meetings and notify members in advance
- Receive nominations for positions on the Board
- Keep in their custody all books, documents, and securities, and make them available to members as requested (with the President/EMD)
- Liaise with relevant regulators (Consumer Affairs Victoria/Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission) – with the EMD.
- Personally, carry out administrative duties as assigned by the EMD.