- Part Time Volunteer Role
- 10 – 15 hours per month (variable)
- Leadership role
- Remote/Flex working options
We are looking for a seasoned NFP Governance Guru to join us as Chair of our Board of Directors. Rafiki Mwema is a NSW Not for Profit Association and the funding and primary governance arm of our sister NGO - Rafiki Mwema Kenya.
The Chair will report to the general membership and be responsible for leading the Board of Directors to execute their regulatory duties according to ACNC and NSW Fair Trading standards while ensuring the Association meets its mission and vision. Specific duties will include:
- Chair Board of Director Meetings, advising on standing order and governance best practice
- Contribute to Board strategic planning and organizational decision making
- Oversee and provide direction to Association subcommittees
- Act as Association Ambassador in formal and media publications
- Collaborate with Board members and Officers between meetings as required
This is a unique opportunity to make a big difference with a dedicated group of people. We are committed to making justice and healing available to child victims of abuse and trauma in Nakuru, Kenya. We can’t wait to meet you!
Successful applicants will have:
- Significant Board experience, supporting NFP to enhance their governance capability
- Advanced strategic analysis and planning skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Understands the critical issues associated with sexual violence such as gender inequality, consent and prevention of sexual assault and the care required for child victims to regain full happy lives
- A Certificate in Governance / Risk or equivalent is strongly desired.
If you’re still reading and know you can offer your time and expertise, please email your resume and a brief explanation of your interest to Lydia MacDonell at [email protected] or call 0498 855 312 for further information.
Applications close on Dec 17 2021