You will have excellent communication skills, the confidence to bring new ideas to the table, a love for social media and a passion for helping raise awareness for a charity organisation. You have the drive and ambition to help create powerful marketing content that helps highlight the work that we do. A passion for the ocean and mental health is desired. Photography/graphic design skills are a huge bonus, but not required.
As a volunteer you will be able to work remotely with flexible hours while building up your digital media portfolio and gaining invaluable insights into the non-profit and media sectors at once. The volunteer agreement lasts 3 months and at the end of it you’ll receive a reference with the possibility of ongoing employment.
Work is currently remote, with the ability to come into WOW’s HQ office in Sydney’s CBD from time to time. All volunteers are required to provide their own computer and phone for use, and will be reimbursed for any approved expenses that occur in relation to the role. This position is unpaid.
- Monitor WOW's social media account
- Create and schedule social media content
- Reply to general public enquiries
- Assist in the organisation of WOW's communications content
- Assist in developing WOW's marketing and communications strategy
- Assist in blog content creation and interviewing WOW supporters on request
- Represent WOW to the general public, communicating the impact, importance and operations of WOW
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Organised and structured, with good attention to detail
- Confidence to bring new ideas to the table
- A passion for mental health, a love for the ocean and/or surfing is welcome
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Experience in social media content creation or marketing
- Graphic design skills
- Experience working for a non-profit
About Waves of Wellness (WOW) Foundation WOW is a for-purpose mental health charity committed to changing the face of mental health. We strive to change lives through innovative mental health and wellbeing programs based on our three pillars of wellness, social inclusion, connection to nature, and engagement in meaningful activity. Our mission is to create and implement innovative mental health programs that break down the barriers and stigma that prevent people from being well.
If you think you’re the right fit for us, please send an e-mail to [email protected] with the subject line SOCIAL MEDIA VOLUNTEER and include your CV plus a brief outline of why you would like to volunteer with us.