You will help create content and post and moderate multiple communities. You will help grow our presence and followers across these platforms to ensure reach and quality engagement. You will assist with:
- Creating and editing social media posts, media releases and newsletters
- Moderating social media channels
- Monitoring news, media releases and relevant websites to source content and identify upcoming opportunities, including forums, legislation and grants
- Drafting content for the website including industry news, reviews, blogs, and project updates
- Updating and maintaining the website
Skills and experience
Whilst the focus is on creating captivating content across multiple social platforms, any of the following skills would be highly regarded:
- Knowledge of all social media platforms, with ability to create high-quality engaging content
- Experience with campaign monitoring tools (Google Ads, Facebook Ads) and social media data analysis
- An understanding of targeted campaign posting, and SEO strategies
- Writing skills, including the use of correct grammar and expression·
- Interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to engage with colleagues both internally and externally, and with people from diverse backgrounds
- Time management and task prioritisation skills
- An ability to work autonomously, but as an effective team member to achieve the organisations goals
- Understanding of WordPress or other software for development and maintenance of sites
- Experience and/or training in marketing and/or communications
- Familiarity with video editing software
About No More Butts
No More Butts is taking action on the single biggest contributor to litter in Australia and around the world - cigarette butts. Made from cellulose acetate, cigarette butts are not biodegradable and leach harsh chemicals into the natural environment. It has been reported to take 15 years for a cigarette butt to break down in seawater, causing damage to marine life and has the ability to enter the food chain as a microplastic. Cigarettes are also considered to be a major contributor towards fires.
Based in Queensland, Australia, No More Butts is a registered charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for Profits Commission. It holds a Deductible Gift Recipient status, having been entered onto the Register of Environmental Organisations in 2020.
Our vision is a Butt Free Environment. We have a serious cause, BUTT, we do like to be a bit cheeky.
As a volunteer with No More Butts, you will be contributing your valuable time to an incredible cause. By volunteering with us, you will help build awareness and create solutions to protect our natural environment by assisting in the reduction of cigarette butt litter.
If your background and passion suit our purpose and culture, we'd love you to apply. We will review and reply to all applicants, whether successful or not. Successful applicants would require a video interview, where you will be asked some questions and asked to showcase your previous experience relating to your application, such as social pages, press releases, grant submissions, database management.