All board members are required to be a representative of Two Two One Mental Health Charity and be invested in the purpose of early intervention for mental health. The treasurer must be available for board meetings. The treasurer must be organised, timely, aware of financial obligations, confident in understanding financial documents and interested in creating a healthy NT.
The treasurer is responsible for:
- Overseeing all finances paid or received by the association.
- Co-sign all major financial documents with at least one other board member and be a signature on the banking.
- The Treasurer must ensure the accounting records of the Association are kept in accordance with section 41 of the Act.
- The Treasurer must coordinate the preparation of the Association's annual statement of accounts.
- If directed to do so by the Chairperson, the Treasurer must submit to the Committee a report, balance sheet or financial statement in accordance with that direction.
- The Treasurer has custody of all securities, books and documents of a financial nature and accounting records of the Association unless the members resolve otherwise at a general meeting.
- Actively engaged in the organisation, such as by attending functions
- Represent the group to the public
- Overseeing an organisation’s operations and performance
The board must ensure that the organisation operates within its charitable objectives and provides a clear strategic direction for the Charity. The board must ensure that appropriate policies and procedures are in place for the effective management of the organisation. Two Two One Mental Health Charities board works closely with the organisation to make sure KPI’s, reporting, awareness and growth is accomplished.
Under Governance Standard 5 Responsible Persons must: Act with reasonable care and diligence, act honestly and fairly in the best interests of the charity and for its charitable purposes, not misuse their position or information they gain as a Responsible Person, disclose actual or potential conflicts of interest, ensure that the financial affairs of the charity are managed responsibly, and, not allow the charity to operate while it is insolvent.
Board positions will be appraised annually at Annual General Meeting.