- Ongoing role
- 1 day per week | 5.5 hour shift, Monday, Wednesday, or Friday
- Option of split shift available
- Based in North Melbourne
Our Migration Support Programs provide help and support to refugees, asylum seekers, immigration detainees and other people who are vulnerable as a result of migration.
We do this through a range of migration services and programs that protect and uphold the health, dignity and wellbeing of vulnerable migrants. We also provide services to reconnect family members whose loss of contact is caused by international or internal conflict, war and disaster.
The Red Cross Food Pantry provides access to, and assistance with the selection of, free food items to Red Cross Migration Support Program clients.
- Assisting vulnerable people including migrants to access fresh food from our Food Pantry located in North Melbourne
- Keeping the pantry organised, clean and safe
- Record keeping and day to day food pantry tasks
- Opportunity to build experience in the workplace
- Suitable for someone interested in or currently studying Community Services, Social Work, Health Promotion or similar courses
- Suitable for a person keen to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
As a Food Pantry volunteer, you’ll help improve the wellbeing of people suffering vulnerability as a result of migration. Red Cross will ensure you have training, ongoing support and access to other opportunities within the World’s largest humanitarian network
Please note you will be required to provide details for two professional references to submit this application.
We encourage all of our employees/volunteers to be vaccinated against Covid-19 and a number of states have mandated that Australian Red Cross employees/volunteer must be vaccinated to perform work for us. Please make sure that you are able to comply with these government requirements or have the appropriate medical exemption information available.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.