Special Olympics Australia is a not-for-profit organisation that provides regular sports training, competition opportunities, and development programs for people with an intellectual disability across Australia
Through empowering athletes with skills and confidence in leadership roles, Athlete Leadership (AL) opens the door for Special Olympics Australia (SOA) to increase brand awareness, reach new athletes, retain experienced athletes, coordinate better informed programs and engage the wider community.
The Club AL Coordinator must have the capacity and ability to empower Athlete Leaders to represent Special Olympics off the playing field. The coordinator must be able to provide leadership and direction to the Club AL Team in delivering the program at the club level and provide support to the State AL Coordinator. The AL Coordinator will be an integral part of the Club Leadership Team.
The Club Athlete Leadership Coordinator must be available to attend organised Athlete Leadership workshops throughout the year.
Deliver AL in line with SOA framework guidelines Provide leadership and direction to Club AL Team Develop partnerships with external groups Coordinate and support the club through the athlete nomination process Liaise with club leadership team to coordinate and initiate leadership experiences Coordinate mentor support and engagement at club level Coordinate the operations of athlete leaders at club events Work and liaise wth all State AL Coordinator on delivery and implementation of AL Collect and report on club’s athlete leadership activity
- Deliver and report on program objectives in line with SOA guidelines
- Oversee athlete nomination process and support club to deliver on their AL responsibilities
- Club AL operations, including athlete participation in training and events
- Support Club AL team to support and engage members
- Liaison with State Athlete Leadership Coordinator
- National Police / Criminal History Check
- Working with Children / Working with Vulnerable People Check
- Proven administrative ability
- Excellent communication and team skills
- Ability to motivate and support team members
- Attention to detail and computer literacy, including regular access to email
- Ability to work within set boundaries
- Ability to facilitate groups
- Experience working with people with an intellectual disability
- Experience working in a professional environment
- Experience coordinating people
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification
- Sports Management / Business Degree
- Human Movement / Coaching / Exercise / Sports Science Degree
- Physical Education Degree
- Completed Train the Trainer Course
Please send your resume and a cover letter (no longer than 1 page) detailing your experience, suitability, and availability for this position by emailing us at [email protected]
Please note that if you do not include these documents, your application shall not be considered.