Our outreach program is designed to extend our reach outside of our DIVRS site to those experiencing food insecurity in Darebin and who may not be aware of or able to access emergency relief and community support.
DIVRS will be heading to La Trobe University (Tuesday) and East Preston Community Centre (Wednesday), offering our pop-up fresh food program to all students who live on campus.
This stall will provide people with free fresh produce as well as connect them to other services DIVRS provides. It might also provide opportunity to consult with the community and get a better sense of common needs and services gaps within Darebin.
Duties and Responsibilities:
-Supervising the outreach program. This includes:
• Managing the operations of the fortnightly sessions. This includes collecting fresh food from DIVRS site and transporting it to the outreach location and set up and pack down of the fresh food stall.
• Managing participants at the stall location and making sure all participants are following covid safety procedures.
• Making sure accurate data collection is completed each fortnight.
• Managing complex situations during the outreach program (with support from the outreach team and Program leader).
-Overseeing and managing the outreach volunteer team each session, creating a supported and well-managed experience.
-Practicing good food safety and food handling techniques to prevent cross-contamination.
• Valid drivers’ licence and be able to drive a van and have a good driving record
• Have general good health and be able to complete jobs which requires lifting up to 20kg.
• Ability to work independently and within a team
• A genuine desire to support the local community.
Useful Qualifications (desired but not essential):
• Food handling certificate
• Experience in retail and hospitality or warehouse logistics/packing
• Qualification in Nutrition or Food science.