The Emergency Relief and Community Support Program helps Darebin residents on no or low income or in financial need access support by providing fresh food and pantry staples, help with paying bills, advocacy, community information and connecting people with other support services.
The Food Services team need volunteers to help support the Emergency Relief Program by sourcing, packing and distributing food to our community.
A day at DIVRS looks like this:
• Sorting fresh food from food rescue organisations, community donations and our growing sites • Packing pantry and fresh food parcels
• Restocking our pantry and fresh food spaces
• Helping distribute food at our Preston site other community centres. You will meet some of the community members who use this service
• Helping with daily set-up and pack down
• We work as a team each day to make sure we get these tasks completed, usually with enough time to sit back and have a cuppa together mid-morning Required: • Have general good health and be able to complete jobs which requires lifting up to 20kg. • Ability to work independently and within a team
• A genuine desire to support the local community
• Meet likeminded volunteers
• Interact and meet Darebin community members accessing this service
• Know you are helping where help is needed