The Reception Concierge works under general direction from the Family Support Services Team Leader to provide high quality customer service to people accessing the community centre; assists with reception and other program administration as appropriate; and helps ensure the premises maintain a good public image.
Service Delivery To work effectively, the Reception Concierge engages in positive and professional relationships:
• Engage compassionately with centre attendees and identify what assistance they require.
• Undertake appropriate and effective networking within UCK and external networking if requested by the organisation.
Teamwork As part of the Team, the Reception Concierge will:
• Operate under the values, policies, and procedures of the organisation. • Develop sound relationships and effective communication with both internal and external colleagues. • Actively participate in volunteer team meetings and provide positive support to other team members. Development • Actively commit to attending volunteer team meetings and participate in training offered by UCK.
Property • Assists in maintaining the property clean and tidy for the comfort and safety of each person attending the centre. • Assist with set up and pack up of relevant events.
The key capacities that will be required for the role are:
• Maturity: resilient and positive outlook, with a clear set of values that include justice, honesty and integrity.
• Communication: high level communication, negotiation, networking and relationship- building skills. • Collaboration: work collaboratively and have an understanding of ethical boundaries.
Qualifications and Experience
• Relevant experience or qualifications in administration, reception, community services, hospitality or similar.
• Understanding of and a commitment to work within the ethos of the Uniting Church in Australia.
• Highly developed capacity to work both in a team and independently. • Working with Vulnerable Persons card and police check or capacity and willingness to get them at your own expense.
• Familiarity with the use of technology including appropriate computer software to fulfil the responsibilities of the role.
• Knowledge of the ACT community sector.
• Clear understanding of Workplace Health and Safety guidelines and how to apply them in practice.