As a Volunteer at Scalabrini, you directly contribute to the Scalabrini mission, vision, and ‘Sono Io’ (This is Me) objectives. You provide invaluable support across a range of social and recreational activities for residents of the village, in line with your personal interests, experience, and skills. You support and enhance the work of our paid staff, engaging with residents and families through your special talents and passions to promote wellbeing and a sense of community.
- You engage with residents and families to create meaning and purpose for individuals and the broader village community.
- You comply with operational policies and procedures, and contribute to continuous quality improvement.
- You contribute to a harmonious and cooperative team culture based on mutual respect and trust.
- You perform and behave in alignment with the Scalabrini Values and Code of Conduct, contributing to the achievement of Scalabrini’s vision and Sono Io objectives.
Areas of involvement may include, but not be limited to:
- Exercise/Active Games and Outdoor Activities such as Gardening
- Pastoral Visiting and Religious Activities
- Arts, Crafts and Indoor Activities
- Manicures and Hand Massage
- Social Events and Fundraising
- Music and Dance
- Reading and Writing
- One-on-one Visits
Volunteers will require: • Knowledge and understanding of the Volunteer responsibilities • Anunderstanding of and commitment to the Scalabrini mission, vision, and values • Willingness to share your time and special talents with other people • Abilityto listen and effectively communicate with others • Willingness to participate in training as required, and to take direction from supervisory staff • You are willing to commit to volunteer hours based on your availability and the needs of the village • A a current Influenza Vaccination 2020 certificate
All volunteers will be required to complete an online short course,(approx. 30mins) to understand the potential spread and containment of COVID-19. Further to this a 15min donning and doffing PPE practical session will be conducted with a Scalabrini staff member. Competency in both arenas must be achieved before engaging with residents.
Desirable: • Previous exposure to an aged care or community health setting • An understanding of issues relating to dementia • Basic computer literacy • Ability to speak Italian or other languages
- Be a part of a friendly and fun organisation.
- Learn new skills.
Volunteers will be required to undergo a National Criminal History Record Check.