Context of the Role
After being significantly impacted by COVID-19, Ondru is rebuilding the organisation to develop and deliver pioneering and impactful local and international projects. We are exercising strong leadership, sustainable strategy, partnerships and a lot of hard work to transform Ondru into a thriving organisation again. Currently we are working on an Indigenous project, a refugee based project, both in Melbourne while developing an international project after recently returning from Europe.
Ondru is a Melbourne-based, non-profit, humanitarian organisation that facilitates the telling and sharing of human stories through the medium of art.
We recognise that many communities, including the displaced, marginalised, and disenfranchised, face significant barriers to equitable opportunities, representation, and social inclusion. Our vision is to create a more compassionate, connected and equitable society. We strive to build a greater understanding of the human condition, inspire discussion and enable reconciliation through pioneering art projects that give voice to the displaced, marginalised and disenfranchised communities.
Our projects have touched upon issues and experiences such as identity, displacement, mental health, homelessness, autism and Indigenous voice using many forms of art including photography, theatre, dance, film, music, sculpture, poetry, digital projections and public art installations.
Our Core Values
- Courage: to face challenges with honesty and bravery
- Integrity: never compromise on our moral principles
- Respect: always treat ourselves and others with dignity and compassion
- Community: recognise that we are always more effective together and to strive for the betterment of community
- Originality: to be pioneers in our work and to strive for the extraordinary
Why Volunteer at Ondru?
You have a genuine opportunity to create meaningful change and to contribute towards giving voice to displaced, marginalised and disenfranchised communities.
In this rebuilding phase, you have the opportunity to directly make a difference in transforming Ondru into a thriving organisation again and support social change.
Be part of a dynamic organisation and a community that is working hard towards creating a more compassionate, connected and equitable society.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
The position is responsible for:
- Providing advice and assistance to the Event Manager on event management matters;
- Managing end-to-end delivery of events;
- Developing a calendar of events;
- Working with the Marketing & Communications Team to develop effective marketing and promotional strategies;
- Liaising and coordinating with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of events;
- Securing suitable event locations, speakers, musicians, performers, catering and other resources as required;
- Ensuring compliance with OH&S standards, risk controls and reporting requirements; and
- Driving event debriefs including budget reconciliation and feedback for further improvements.
Key Selection Criteria
- Passionate about people and a commitment to the purpose and values of Ondru;
- Demonstrated sound experience in event management;
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds;
- Excellent organisational, time management and problem-solving skills;
- Able to use initiative and “make things happen” (i.e. ‘hands on’ approach);
- Possess high levels of personal and professional integrity and confidentiality; and
- Excellent computer literacy skills and must have your own laptop.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
To be successful in this position it is preferred that you have:
- Tertiary qualification (or studying towards one) in relevant field;
- Open-minded – with a willingness to challenge your own thinking and have the ability to adapt and be flexible to the changing needs of the organisation;
- Be committed to working in a team environment while promoting inclusivity and collaboration; and
- Be hardworking, hands on, energetic and vibrant.
To apply, please email your CV to [email protected] using the subject line: Event Coordinator Application. You are encouraged to apply as soon as practicably possible.