Do you enjoy driving? Your favourite music playing in the background... sometimes a driving buddy for company... sometimes just your thoughts and a coffee? If so, then you need to join our dedicated volunteer drivers' team!
- Driving the van to/from our warehouse in Bundoora or Airport West
- Collecting donations from donors and drop-off points
- Delivering donations to hospitals or community services
- Loading and unloading the van
You will have the opportunity to:
- Be involved in a great community organisation that makes a difference to families in need.
- Gain valuable work experience and a reference.
We encourage people from CALD backgrounds to apply and become part of our great Big Group Hug community!
Big Group Hug is a volunteer-driven, not-for-profit organisation that supports vulnerable and disadvantaged families in need, by providing new and pre-loved goods to help these families care for their children, aged from newborn to 16-year-old. Our core belief is that all children deserve the best start in life, so for us, the child is the focus of everything we do. Our team is made up of over 300 individuals/volunteers who are determined and committed to assisting every family who asks for help. We receive requests for specific and essential items through Case Workers, Maternal and Child Health Nurses or other professionals in the community.