Lifestyle Program Assistants can help residents by:
- Escorting residents to and from the morning lifestyle program and assisting as required during the activity.
- Providing companionship to individual residents.
- Taking a resident outside for a walk in the gardens or a coffee at the on-site shop.
- Being spontaneous and sharing life experiences and your own skills.
- Communicating resident feedback back to staff to assist in improving both the activity and resident enjoyment.
This role is suitable for people who have well developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills and display a calm and empathetic manner. Volunteering is a wonderful way to make a difference in the lives of our senior residents while making friends, having fun and learning new skills.
Volunteer shifts are available from 9am till 4pm Tuesday and Thursday mornings and afternoons.
This program is located within the Wheller Gardens Aged Care Community where the residents enjoy a wonderful sense of life, fun, and friendship.
Our aged care communities are places of warmth, smiles and hugs where residents enjoy a wonderful sense of life, fun and friendship. Join our volunteering teams and you will meet so many wonderful people, learn new skills and access other benefits, such as:
- Supply and pay for any security checks required for the position
- Access to online and face-to-face wellness advisors
- Great education opportunities
- Free Flu Vaccinations
- Exclusive shopping discounts
- Invitations to social events
- Being part of a team that really is making a difference in the lives of residents living in aged care.
All our volunteers follow a COVID-19 safe work plan and provide proof they are up to date with their COVID-19 vaccinations before they are registered in their role.
Volunteers will also be required to have a current NDIS Workers Screening Clearance and Blue Card Combined check prior to commencement. This can be applied for through Wesley Mission Queensland at no cost to you.
We look forward to hearing from you!