Big Group Hug is a volunteer-driven, not-for-profit organisation that supports vulnerable and disadvantaged Victorian families in need, by providing new and pre-loved goods to help these families care for their children, aged from newborn to 16-year-old. Our team is made up of over 300 individuals/volunteers. We work closely with and receive requests for specific and essential items through Case Workers, Maternal and Child Health Nurses or other professionals in the community. We also strongly believe in building a sustainable future by promoting the upcycling, recycling and rehoming of preloved items to reduce landfill and the environmental damage caused by waste.
Tasks will include:
- Driving the van to/from our warehouse in Airport West
- Collecting donations from donors and drop off points
- Delivering donations to hospitals or community services
- Loading and unloading the van
You will have the opportunity to:
- Be involved in a great community organisation that makes a difference to families in need.
- Gain valuable work experience, and a reference.
We encourage people from CALD backgrounds to apply and become part of our great Big Group Hug community!