Inclusive teams and businesses are better for workplace culture, output quality, and the world. Our team will produce impactful results by modelling our values - advocacy, support and collaboration, our commitment, our curiosity, how we collaborate, our mutual respect, and the ways that we courageously share our perspectives and encourage others to do the same.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria – unlike the majority of candidates meeting significantly less. We are more interested in your values, motivations, and potential than your history. If you’re interested in the role, apply! We’d love to learn more about how you’ll contribute to our brand new team with your unique experience.
About the organization
VicWISE is a platform that advocates for international students across Australia & offshore by supporting, connecting, engaging with stakeholders, government bodies, and prospective employer groups.
At the core of our organization is our diverse and talented international student community who are the why of our existence.
- Build VicWISE's brand and position the company and its work in line with the vision and mission nationally.
- Lead and champion the brand strategy to achieve strategic business goals through student-focused and data-driven marketing campaigns.
- Maximize the value of the student database through the development of sustainable growth plans. Conduct research into new opportunities and market trends.
- Nurture corporate and industry networks to develop a pipeline of corporate prospects.
- Oversee the development of new audience strategies and initiatives in line with VicWISE's mission and strategic objectives.
- Ensure that all VicWISE owned media channels deliver on the VicWISE brand, communications, sales, and student service objectives.
- As a member of the Board of Directors, contribute to organizational strategy.
- Lead and manage direct reports whilst overseeing the effective performance and development of the broader team.
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated experience in marketing leadership roles.
- Preference for candidates coming from Education/ Professional Services/ Retail/ Consumer Services
- Strong senior leadership experience with a proven ability to lead teams and manage people
- A leader with advanced interpersonal, influencing, and negotiation skills
- Proven experience in making data-driven decisions and using customer insights to shape and pivot marketing strategy and activity
- Advanced digital experience
- Strengths in project management, time management and problem-solving
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit, a self-starter with the ability to work as part of a team
- An appreciation of the international student life, especially in an Australian context
- Complimentary tickets to VicWISE events subject to availability
- Convenient location - Melbourne/ Brunswick based and remote friendly
- BUPA Private discounts
How to apply
Please click on the APPLY button below or contact Preethika Padmanabhan, Secretary on 0451924941.
VicWISE encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability, mature age workers, CALD community, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, and queer (LGBTI+) people.