Inclusive teams and businesses are better for workplace culture, output quality, and the world. Our team will produce impactful results by modelling our values - advocacy, support and collaboration, our commitment, our curiosity, how we collaborate, our mutual respect, and the ways that we courageously share our perspectives and encourage others to do the same.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria – unlike the majority of candidates meeting significantly less. We are more interested in your values, motivations, and potential than your history. If you’re interested in the role, apply! We’d love to learn more about how you’ll contribute to our brand new team with your unique experience.
About the organization
VicWISE is a platform that advocates for international students across Australia & offshore by supporting, connecting, engaging with stakeholders, government bodies, and prospective employer groups.
At the core of our organization is our diverse and talented international student community who are the why of our existence.
- Production of Graphics for Print & Web (eg. EDM /Posters /Signage /Banners /Social Posts / Promotions /Landing page)
- Production of Catalogues & Fliers
- eDMs - conceptualizing, designing, and developing emails that promote events, showcase new and existing services and keep our students base generally informed
- Display ads and banners - concept through to design and development of digital banners that have cut through and can clearly deliver the key message regardless of size or shape
- Social ads and content - design and production with good awareness of best practices for the platform
- Designing for the website including landing and product pages, banners, images, and more
Skills and experience
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe CC (including video editing)
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, web design
- Time-management and excellent organisation
- Excellent communication and a high level of English writing & speaking
- Excellent proof-reading & attention to detail
- Knowledge about computers, gaming, techs is a bonus
- Motions Graphics is a plus
- Strengths in project management, time management and problem-solving
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit, a self-starter with the ability to work as part of a team
- An appreciation of the international student life, especially in an Australian context
- Complimentary tickets to VicWISE events subject to availability
- Convenient location - Melbourne/ Brunswick based and remote friendly
- BUPA Private discounts
How to apply
Please click on the APPLY button below or contact Preethika Padmanabhan, Secretary on 0451924941.
VicWISE encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability, mature age workers, CALD community, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, and queer (LGBTI+) people.