Footprints Community is a well-regarded not-for-profit provider of community based services in Brisbane recognized for quality service and individualized care. We provide support for people with disabilities, older people, their carers and families, people with mental health issues, and people who are experiencing social and financial disadvantage and those at risk of homelessness or homeless persons.
Role The primary purpose of this role is to ensure that the operational component of the service runs both smoothly and respectfully.
We are currently seeking assistance on the following days at these locations: Monday – St Peters Anglican Church – 77 Charlotte Street, Wynnum from 9am-11.00am Wednesday - Breakfast Club – Pensioners Hall, Cnr Portwood Street and Oxley Avenue, Redcliffe from 730am-1100am Wednesday – Caboolture Neighbourhood Centre, 9 George Street, Caboolture from 12pm-2pm – (CURRENTLY ON HOLD BUT WILL COME BACK ONLINE WHEN WE HAVE MORE SUPPORT RECRUITED) Thursday – Zillmere PCYC – 340 Zillmere Road, Zillmere from 9am-11am Thursday – Deception Bay Neighbourhood Centre, 24 Endeavour Street, Deception Bay from 12pm-2pm Friday – Breakfast Club – Pensioners Hall, Cnr Portwood Street and Oxley Avenue, Redcliffe from 730am-1100am
The role will be responsible for;
• assisting the Vehicle Driver during set-up and pack-down of the service
• maintaining a reasonable standard of cleanliness both within and around the vehicle site
• ensuring that showering cubicles are cleaned and accessible after each use
• assisting users to complete their laundry
• ensuring that necessary items required for personal hygiene are available
• notifying the staff member of any need for inventory replenishment.
• direct engagement with service users
• consistent communication with other volunteers and staff members.
• To work in a manner consistent with Footprints Vision, Mission and Values.
• To attend Redcliffe location and to greet vehicle on arrival.
• To undertake regular inventory checks, ensuring all required items are available and in place, replenishing as needed.
• To maintain the showering and laundry facilities in a hygienic state at all times, using cleaning and safety equipment provided. • To engage with service users prior to and after use of facilities. • To provide pathways/linkages to outreach case workers. • To follow any emergency response procedures in the event of equipment failure, illness or public disturbance. • To liaise with SUSO Coordinator and/or Volunteer Coordinator as required. • To perform other appropriate tasks as reasonably requested. • To maintain confidentiality of information regarding clients, carers, staff and other volunteers. • To work collaboratively with the program team and refer all professional client enquiries to the relevant staff member. • To comply with Workplace Health and Safety and other relevant Footprints polices as instructed. • To communicate with staff if unclear about or unable to perform duties for any reason.
Applicants must be prepared to participate in induction training before commencement of work.
Essential: • Good interpersonal communication skills. • Good organisational skills and attention to detail. • Willingness to follow policy and procedure including awareness of and willingness to assert professional and personal boundaries. • Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to Workplace Health and Safety and risk management. • Capacity to work independently and as part of a team, following reasonable directions from supervising staff. • Sensitivity to the needs of Footprints clients including homeless people, people with disabilities, people with mental health issues and older people. • Ability to obtain current National Police clearance • Yellow Card/Disability Worker Screening Desirable: • Previous experience in working with marginalized, vulnerable population groups or studies in human services, social work, or a related field. • Ability to make a long-term commitment to volunteering with Footprints. • Current First Aid Certificate. • Own transport or ability to navigate public transport.