The Eastern Barred Bandicoot Program is a partnership with Parks Victoria to successfully reinstate a population to Woodlands Historic Park in Greenvale. 235 ha of Red-gum Grassy Woodlands, known as the 'Back Paddock', has been fenced as a Nature Reserve and identified as suitable habitat for the Eastern Barred Bandicoot.
Vital tasks YOU can help with: · Monitoring and maintaining the perimeter fence to keep bandicoots safe from foxes. · Controlling weeds to improve bandicoot habitat. · Planting native grasses which the bandicoots call home.
Your valuable assistance will mean that one day bandicoots will be released back into their natural habitat and help to secure them a Wild Future!
No experience is necessary for this event - bring yourself (or a friend!) and a can-do attitude! Our friendly Project Officer is there to answer your questions and guide you along the way.
This project is made possible with support from Melbourne Airport and Parks Victoria.
- Wed 4 May (Monitoring/ weed control) 8:30am - 3.00pm.
- Wed 18 May (Monitoring/ weed control) 8:30am - 3.00pm.
- Wed 1 June (Monitoring/ weed control) 8:30am - 3.00pm.
- Wed 15 June (Monitoring/ weed control) 8:30am - 3.00pm.
Please note event registration will be open until commencement.
A FEW THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- Registrations on our website are essential. We will send you a link with more information on how to register once you submit a SEEK volunteer application.
- You are required to make your own way to and from the worksite.
- No previous experience is required. We will provide you with all the know-how on site.
- We can provide you with a certificate of appreciation for coming along and helping out (this looks great on a resume!)