This position supports Doncare’s work in providing services to seniors, many of whom live alone and have experienced increased feelings of disconnection from their community and friends, resulting in loneliness not felt prior to the pandemic. Access to a device and digital skills will bring empowerment to many as well as regained independence.
The connections this project brings are expected to reduce the loneliness and isolation of participants and increased wellbeing as their confidence and skill with technology improves.
Sessions typically are held at participants’ residences within the City of Manningham, but some may wish to conduct their training at Doncare’s office.
• Assist participants in the program, by using your expertise with your own digital devices to help participants become empowered during their learning journey.
• Bring your unique life experiences, skills, interests, and strengths to your partnerships with learners.
• Teaching participants how to complete tasks using their devices, for example, making phone calls with their smartphone, introducing the internet and how to navigate websites, or how to connect with essential online government services.
• Create a safe space where participants are supported in an interest-driven learning environment that supports their digital device learning goals.
• Complete learner records to track participants’ progress.
• Provide feedback and encouragement on the session and activities.
It looks like you may be using a web browser version that we don’t support. Make sure you’re using the most recent version of your browser, or try using Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome, to get the full SEEK Volunteer experience.