Taking the step to volunteer with our Youth and Community team opens up an array of opportunities for different experiences and interactions with St John WA and your community. As a volunteer with us, you will attend a wide variety of community events and perform an essential role in building resilience amongst the community by demonstrating a range of first aid skills. As a volunteer, you are given the training, support and confidence to feel ready in your role to help build a stronger community.
What you’ll do:
Demonstrate first aid skills at public places and events such as CPR and bandaging.
Encourage the public to complete first aid training.
Provide the public with information about St John WA resources including our apps and services.
Assist the public to tour a display ambulance.
Engage with the community at family orientated events.
Work effectively with other team members and other service personnel.
Represent St John WA professionally and positively.
Maintain the safety and well-being of self and others.
Respect and value the diversity of our people.
What you’ll need:
- Photo ID
- Must be over the age of 18
- National Police Clearance (valid within the past 6 months)
- Valid Working with Children check card
What’s in it for you?
As a St John WA volunteer, you are provided with an interactive, supportive and social volunteer environment with a positive and professional team along with:
- Free first aid training
- Free ambulance cover for you and your dependents living under the same roof, as specified by St John WA
- Free training in all skills and clinical training relating to your volunteer role
- Opportunity to attend the annual St John WA Conference and ball in Perth
- National and international recognition for your volunteering and community contribution
- Access to all volunteer member benefits including corporate discounts and other ad hoc offers and specials
St John WA is committed to creating an inclusive environment which provides a sense of belonging and enables a welcoming, diverse, capable and connected workforce who represent the community we serve. Our goal is to ensure people feel safe to be themselves.
We actively encourage applications from people of all ages, genders, nationalities, abilities, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, members of the LGBTIQ+ community, and all other suitable applicants.
St John WA reserves the right to select a shortlist from the applications received. The selection process employed will be at the discretion of St John WA.