Are you passionate about making a substantial change in society? Interested in lending your knowledge & experience to a great initiative – an Australian first charity for the reduction of domestic violence & homelessness for women?
We are seeking a motivated individual, with experience in events, sponsorship, or building corporate partnerships, who isn’t afraid to reach out and raise awareness for our cause! If you want to make a difference and join a wonderful diverse team, then don’t hesitate to get in touch!
The Equanimity Project (Australia) are a charitable organisation, based in Sydney, working to alleviate domestic violence and homelessness for women (and children) across Australia. Our innovative 2-in-1 solution supports both those at risk of homelessness and those escaping abuse, with a housing and training program based on personal empowerment. We are a close-knit team of lived experience and diversity, who want to tell the right stories to create a lasting impact.
You will form part of a dedicated team working to provide support to disadvantaged women. You will be responsible for building & maintaining a comprehensive database of local contacts, fundraisers, and sponsors. You will also help plan and organise our events, which range from small, intimate affairs to large-scale talks and demonstrations.
Your key responsibilities would be as follows:
- Liaising with local businesses to build partnerships & develop strong community ties
- Planning and facilitating logistics for our events, inc. contract negotiation, guest lists, venue preparation & booking, and more
- Organising & leading meetings with potential sponsors
- Writing grant applications for a range of opportunities
- Experience in event planning, inc. budgeting, community outreach, management
- Strong organisational & time management skills
- Experience or knowledge of grant writing
- Confidence & strength in speaking in public, over the phone, and in writing
- Ability to effectively & respectfully communicate with people from sensitive or diverse backgrounds
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite
Desired (but not required) traits:
- Team player, but able to work well independently
- Initiative & unafraid of a challenge
- Personable, and a great sense of humour
Location: Our current office is based in Zetland, but we can discuss flexible options to work both in the office & from home! Although, you must be living in Australia.
If you'd like to get involved, please send through your CV to [email protected], and your availability for a chat (online or in-person)!