The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of The Avalon Centre.
The Avalon Centre is a small charity run entirely by volunteers and has a mission statement 'to meet unmet needs'.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Volunteer required to be available on an ad hoc basis to collect donations around the Melbourne area from houses and businesses
- Donations to be delivered back to East Malvern or the warehouse in Cheltenham
- Follow all Work, Health & Safety practices related to the role
Skills and Experience:
- Basic understanding of spoken English
- Ability to understand all Work, Health & Safety practices related to the role
- Ability to work in a team
- Must have a level of fitness to be able to manage carrying donations
- Drivers license and car optional
Own vehicle use. If there are larger items the van belonging to the Centre can be used.