For the full Position Description and details on how to apply, see the Out For Australia website.
Out for Australia is constantly looking for ways to expand and grow our volunteer network. As our organisation continues to grow, we need to ensure that our processes keep pace. This is critical in ensuring we can continue to serve our community.
The National Director of People Operations will oversee key processes within the People & Culture portfolio, including onboarding, and providing support across key P&C tools (such as our intranet). In addition, the Director will lead short-term process innovation projects across portfolios and states.
Providing assistance with the onboarding process as required (15%)
You will be the point of contact for hiring managers and teams for all things onboarding-related. This will include the following:
- Answering questions around our onboarding process.
- Directing people to our onboarding resources.
- Completing internal onboarding processes (drafting volunteer agreements, sending communications, etc.).
Maintaining the people process resources, policies, guidelines and data (20%)
You will be responsible for ensuring that our onboarding, role change and offboarding policies, resources and guidelines are up to date and used consistently by all volunteers who are involved in these processes. This will include the following:
- Maintaining our general procedures.
- Making sure our resources are up to date (templates, Google Forms relating to the processes, etc.).
- Ensuring that all volunteers are aware of the latest materials and are using them consistently.
You will also be responsible for ensuring that all P&C data is up to date in the appropriate data-capturing documents.
Maintain People Support resources, including our intranet (10%)
You will be responsible for ensuring that our people support resources (including our intranet) are up to date and used consistently by all volunteers. This will include the following:
- Completing a small number of intranet updates as advised by the CPO/CEO.
- Upskilling leadership in how to maintain the intranet.
- Ensuring all volunteers are aware of the latest processes and how to utilise them.
Leading process optimisations across the organisation (40%)
You will be responsible for coordinating process improvement projects across the organisation. These may be at a portfolio or state level. This will include the following:
- Reviewing and documenting existing processes.
- Working with portfolios/state teams across the organisation to design and implement process optimisation projects.
- Ensuring process changes are sufficiently document and that volunteers are upskilled in any key process changes.
- Ensuring all processes are consistent across the organisation.
Creating Team Engagement Initiatives (15%)
You will be responsible for creating and embedding team engagement initiatives in the organisation. This will include the following:
- Designing a set of engagement initiatives to build & sustain team engagement, e.g. approach to shout outs, fearless feedback.
- Organise and drive each initiative from start to finish, ensuring that all volunteers participating have the information they need to be involved.
- Capturing feedback on these initiatives and adapting as required.