- Use your payroll and accounts administration skills for good
- A skilled volunteer opportunity to work for a growing Not for Profit supporting young people
- Flexible work conditions – work from home or our Sydney Office
- 5 – 10 hours per week
- Do you want to give back to the community?
- Are you experienced with accounts and payroll administration?
At Raise we exist to help young people. We do one thing, and we do it really well – youth mentoring.
Our best-practice, school-based program is proven to make positive and sustained change. Mentoring empowers young people to be resilient, connected and hopeful for the future. We match trained volunteers with teenagers who would benefit most from an independent, caring adult who is there to listen – and be there just for them.
Our early intervention youth mentoring program is currently in over 150 high schools across Australia. This translates to over 2,500 young people matched with a qualified mentor, and we are growing each year.
About the Role:
This is a volunteer position for 5 to 10 hours per week supporting the Finance Manager to administer aspects of the Raise Foundations payroll and accounts receivable and payable function.
You will be involved in the following tasks:
- Creating rosters and timesheets in our payroll platform
- Managing expense claims
- Supporting the team with general payroll or accounts queries
- Raising invoices and reconciliation of payments
- General accounts receivable tasks
- Supporting the Finance Manager with administrative tasks as required
We are looking for someone who has:
- Genuine interest in working with and supporting young people
- Relevant experience in accounting and payroll (with appropriate qualifications)
- Prior experience in a similar payroll and accounts coordination role, including prior experience running a payroll
- Experience interpreting awards – The Social Community, Housing and Disability (SCHADs) sector award would be ideal
- Excellent organisation and coordination skills
- High attention to detail and the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- Warm and polite approach with people
- Prior experience with Xero, Quickbooks or MYOB is necessary
- Completion of Raise selection process including Youth Safety Checks, must hold a current Working with Children (Employee) Check and National Crime Check
At Raise, we have six values that express our shared understanding of what we believe, how we would like others to see our personality, what we aspire to as an organisation, and how we aim to behave:
Be Courageous – we are imaginative, driven, progressive, confident Show Heart – we are kind, passionate, sincere, empathetic Give Respect – we believe in acceptance, equity, inclusivity Apply Integrity – we operate with authenticity, accountability, transparency Bring Vitality – we are positive, fun, energetic, inspiring Deliver Excellence – we are evidence-based, responsive, consistent, experts in our industry
Please submit your application below, including a cover letter addressing the selection criteria, resume and a brief 2-minute video or audio clip outlining the impact you will create in this role to [email protected] using the subject line: Volunteer Payroll and Accounts Administrator