The ACT Secretary is responsible for ensuring the smooth operations of YP Network in ACT. In this role, the individual will be responsible for secretariat duties, supporting recruitment activities, improving internal communications and volunteer management.
- Preparing minutes and agendas;
- Support recruitment activities (on-boarding, off-boarding, performance review);
- Manage appropriate forums for internal communications;
- Manage ACT’s collaboration drives (i.e. Google drive);
- Liaise with the YP National Secretary;
- Collaborate with Secretaries in other States and Territories;
- Collaborate and share knowledge with other YP teams within the Network;
- Attend (or delegate) all local team committee meetings.
- Experience with not-for-profit operations and program delivery;
- Experience with recruitment; with strong attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and organisational skills;
- A commitment to furthering positive social change in the community to advance goals of the UN;
To apply for this role please email [email protected] with your CV and a 1 page (max) cover letter addressing the selection criteria
The United Nations Association of Australia (UNAA) Young Professionals (YP) Network is an organisation that creates and supports global change makers to make the world a safer, fairer and more sustainable place. We aim to engage the community and build an environment to support the work of the United Nations (UN) by: Promoting career pathways within UN agencies and international development organisations; Creating social change and advocacy platforms where Australians can have a voice on the most important issues; and Building capabilities and relationships within organisations to support the values of the UN.