The volunteer Administration Assistant role provides administration services and general office duties including:
- Opening all fundraising campaign mail
- Data entry of information on fundraising database
- Ensuring integrity checks are up to date
- Assist with organising training
- Respond to or redirect emails to the appropriate personnel
- Typing of documents & preparing spreadsheets
To succeed in this volunteer role you will have a positive and friendly disposition and be a quick learner, have experience with Microsoft Word and Excel and be an efficient typist. You will maintain confidentiality when handling information, ensure the office is well presented and complete tasks to a high standard. You will be reliable, trustworthy and respectful of the differing views and rights of others and be able to work within the mission and values of The Salvation Army.
As rostered with the site Manger. Please advise your availability in your expression of interest.
Qualifications & Experience Requirements for the Role
- Experience in administration and the use of Microsoft Word and Excel is preferred.
- Accurate data entry skills.
Mandatory Requirements of the Role
- Fully complete TSA volunteer registration process.
- Current Criminal History Check (Police Check) and integrity checks as required.
- Complete TSA induction modules and any other training as required (e.g. Child safe organisation induction).
The successful candidate will be supported with induction and training to succeed in the role.
We encourage you attach your resume to your expression of interest so we can get to know you better.
A role profile for this position is available upon request and will also be provided to the successful applicant during the interview process.
**IMPORTANT: We kindly request that you provide a brief outline of your relevant experience, as well as your availability in the application comments section. Due to limited resources, we can only respond to applicants who have provided this information.
This is a great opportunity for someone with sound clerical and administrative skills to join the The Salvation Army Donor Services team, gaining experience and making connections. If you would like to be part of a busy and fun environment, working with a great team of people we would love to hear from you!