Dementia Australia is the national peak body for people, of all ages, living with all forms of dementia, their families and carers. We provide advocacy, support services, education and information.
Cedar House Dementia Support Group supports the Gold Coast community, providing a range of respite options for people living with dementia and their families. Our Centre, which is staffed by Dementia Australia staff and volunteers, works with our clients in a person-centred way, involving them in activities that they are passionate about and offering appropriate support.
We are seeking volunteers to assist weekdays between 9.30am - 2.00pm - volunteers indicate which day/days they are available. If you have the following interests, approach and experience, it would be wonderful to hear from you:
- happy to support others with a range of activities (art, craft, music, games)
- enjoy meeting others and building rapport,
- a positive, patient approach
- experience of supporting someone living with dementia desirable but not essential.
Volunteers would need to:
- undergo an interview, reference and police checks (at Dementia Australia's cost).
- provide evidence of COVID and influenza vaccination
- participate in induction and orientation sessions
Morning tea and lunch provided.
For further details and next steps contact: [email protected].