Why volunteer? Support your local community by creating a space for those in need and looking to build friendships or gain confidence in your own abilities and learn new skills.
What’s your passion? We have several different roles you might like to try such as organising stock, creating displays, helping customers or even working on the point of sale till.
Why an Anglicare Op Shop? We will provide you with training and you will be supported by a whole team of people including other volunteers and shop staff along with the Anglicare Volunteer Team.
Volunteers also get a 20% discount on purchases!
- Help set up the new shop
- Work as part of a team and under direction of a supportive Op Shop manager
- Welcome shoppers and provide a wonderful shopping experience
- Sort clothes and other pre-loved items
- Tag, fold, hang and display merchandise
- Assist in maintaining the Covid-safe protocols and help keep working area safe to comply with WHS policies
If you want to make a difference in the lives of struggling families, the socially isolated, disadvantaged youth and other vulnerable people, then this opportunity is for you. Apply to be a Volunteer Op Shop Assistant today.
What’s next? Once you submit your application, our Volunteer Coordinators will be in contact with you. If you are a suitable candidate, you will be invited for an interview and if successful you will need to:
- Complete a Volunteer Application Pack which includes a Police Check and a Working with Children Check.
- You will need to be triple vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination.
- Receive training from our Op Shop team.
- All activities are Centrelink approved.
For more information on this role or other Volunteering opportunities please contact the Anglicare Volunteering Department at [email protected].