About Girl Guides - Girl Guides is Australia’s leading volunteer organisation for girls and young women in leadership and personal development. Our mission is to empower girls and young women to discover their potential as leaders of their world through informal education and self-selected new experiences and challenges in creative pursuits, the great outdoors and making a contribution to their community.
About This Opportunity - As a Volunteer District Manager, you will support the growth of Girl Guides in your area and empower your adult leadership team to deliver fun and creative activities for girls and young women. You will receive training and support continuously throughout your volunteer journey and become part of a global community of over 10 million women and girls - all while making a real difference in your community and the lives of young women and girls.
The Impact You Will Have Resilience, self-confidence and a sense of purpose are some of the hardest areas for a young girl to develop in today's world. What better way to support them to find this themselves than through fun informal learning and new experiences just for girls. That's the difference you can make as a trained Girl Guides District Manager. Your support and leadership will empower volunteer Unit Leaders to provide engaging programs to girls and young women, supporting their overall growth and development. Your engagement with your local community, administrative management, and promotional skills will ensure the sustainability of Girl Guides within your community, ensuring the opportunity remains available to girls for many years to come.
About You You may be seeking experience that helps you develop leadership skills in leading other adults. You may have great life or career experience to share, and some time on your hands to give back to your local community.
For this role you will:
- Have good communication skills and be a great team player
- Have great operational and organisational skills
- Be curious about learning and life
- Have an empathic or compassionate nature
- Have a passion for leading and empowering other adults
- Have access to email and be able to undertake online and face-to-face training (internet access and a willingness to learn)
- Prior knowledge of Girl Guides, Scouts or Girl Scouts is a bonus but not essential
How to Become a Girl Guides District Manager
- Express interest here by clicking the purple 'Apply' button
- Let us know in your application why this role interests you and what you feel you could bring to the role
- Keep an eye out for a reply email that provides further information about our organisation and what women just like you are saying about their volunteer experience
- Once we receive your expression of interest we will be in touch within 1-3 business days so we can find out more about each other
- If we are a good fit for each other we'll ask you to formally apply and talk you through how to join Girl Guides NSW, ACT & NT and start your volunteer journey.