Role Description VACOS Subcommittee Members are responsible for recruiting of volunteers and community members through various methods of promotion.
The main responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the Outreach and Community Support Officers
- Email, phone and video conferencing to promote volunteering and community member recruitment
- Expanding our volunteer and community member base through creative means
- Create, distribute and analyse feedback surveys on community members
- Keeping in touch with our outreach partners such as AMA Vic and the Monash MNHS faculty
- Liaising with the publications team to make targeted resources for promotion
- Attending Conversation in Isolation Committee Meetings (on a rotation basis)
- Assisting other members of the team in busy periods
Time Commitment: 2 hours per week Busy periods: may fluctuate dependent on need for volunteers or community members. It may also fluctuate depending on how the outreach and community support team is performing.
- Are reliable, have good organisational skills, and can be contacted in a timely matter
- Are good communicators and patiently understanding of others
- Are flexible and adaptable to accommodate concerns
- Are willing to work well as a team member and a team leader
- Are creative and able to think outside the box for new outreach opportunities