The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of Canterbury Area Toy Library.
As Human Resources advisor you will be knowledgeable in employee management, fair work practices and implementing policies and procedures. You might have a background in Human Resources or managing a team of staff with knowledge of human resources processes.
We are a small organisation managed by a volunteer committee of management with 2 casual paid employees. Our employees are currently all casual and work to a set roster but we anticipate a period of growth as we expand our opening hours in 2023.
We are looking for someone who is able to help us to:
- Review our employee policies
- Advise us on best practice for specific procedures eg, performance management
- Review our current employee structure as we prepare for a period of growth in 2023
This will be a short term volunteer role that can be mostly done from home and meetings can be held in person or online.
If you enjoy the role there is the potential to stay on board as advisor to the team and manage the HR function which may include hiring, induction, performance reviews for the charity.
Benefits in undertaking this role:
- Become a vital part of a small organisation where you will see the positive impact you make
- Meet new people and support a friendly and supportive team of volunteers
- Small time commitment dependent on how long you think reviewing our employee practices will take.
- The role can be done almost entirely from the comfort of your own home, there are no set hours and can be managed around your own schedule.
- Keep your skills active / resume up to date
Specific details are available upon request